Thursday, September 29, 2016

Biosphere Bottles by Jacob

Biosphere
·         the regions of the surface, atmosphere, and hydrosphere of the earth (or analogous parts of other planets) occupied by living organisms.


Do we need all of these different spheres to live?  And what about other animals?

A biosphere has plants, animals, and water.  Biomes consist of water because all living plants and animals need water to exist.  It is a closed system.  There needs to be a balance for the organisms to survive.  Plants take carbon dioxide out of the air by a process called photosynthesis.  Plants release oxygen back into the air.



We are making biomes in class.  We made them out of bottles, plants, and soil.  You put the soil in the bottle and the plant as well.  You can put bugs in the bottle as well as a worm, or maybe even create one with fish.  In the dirt of my plant I found a centipede.  I left the bug in my bottle to be part of the biome.

What I found the most interesting is about the plant in the biome. What I found about the plant is the look itself and I think it is growing in the biome. I also don’t know what is causing the condensation on the side of the biome.


Now in class we take observations about our biomes to see if anything’s changed or not inside. Once you put everything inside and sealed it, the only thing that gets to the inside are heat and light. And the whole system should stay alive for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment